Emerging Markets Communications (EMC) has been awarded a contract from the Brazilian Navy (Marinha do Brasil) to provide VSAT satellite connectivity services for the entire Brazilian Navy Fleet. EMC will deliver services using its Global Ku-Band network, allowing seamless roaming across undefined routes in varying satellite beams. This unique satellite communications service incorporates EMC’s Satlink technology and enables high speed, secure Wi-fi, VoIP, video conferencing, and real time management, supported by EMC engineers and Global Operations Center, available 24 hours, 7 days per week.
Emerging Markets Communications, LLC (EMC) is a global satellite and terrestrial communications
company specializing in delivering mission-critical, network services for the global energy industry,
maritime, mobile network operators, carriers, governments, NGOs and worldwide enterprises with
locations in the most remote and/or challenging areas of the world.
As a proven industry leader, EMC enables customers the agility, scalability
and efficiency designed to facilitate growth for their global operations.
The company operates in 150 countries, with 34 global field support centers and wholly-owned infrastructure of teleports and terrestrial pops in US, Europe, Brazil and Africa. EMC is financially backed by ABRY Partners; a firm specialized in funding the communications industry with $36 billion of completed transactions.
- Guaranteed 4 hour repair of all failures that can be resolved remotely and guaranteed 8-48 hours MTTR for onsite maintenance (global availability)
-Emerging Markets Communications® Field Engineers distributed globally - equipped with test/installation equipment and spare parts
- Preventive maintenance program
- Unlimited corrective maintenance
- Visa, travel, and transportation for EMC Field Engineers
- Regional Spares Depots are fully stocked with satellite network equipment spare parts to support customer outstations
- 24/7 monitoring and help desk services
- MyEMCLink™ is a comprehensive monitoring system that tracks the operation of the hub and network equipment including power input status which translates into a substantial reduction in troubleshooting and restoration times
- The fastest internet experience available in the market with a guaranteed 100mbps cloud upload and download speeds
- Superior performance in all latency conditions from 50msec to 850msec
- A drastic reduction in the number of security points and firewalls
- Secure access for public and private cloud services
Emerging Markets Communications® has coverage in all 196 countries in the world, and is currently providing actual services to customers in over 140 of them. In compliance with the strictest security standards worldwide, Emerging Markets Communications'® three teleports are strategically located, enabling seamless global network coverage and a worldwide reach for corporate data networks, content distribution, IP connectivity, disaster recovery and a complete range of teleport services for telecom and satcom industry providers.
This technology is combined with a wholly owned terrestrial MPLS PoPs network, equipped with EMC Zero Latency Technology and end to end management, providing a truly global coverage with a premium SLA.
ABRY Partners has made a significant investment in Emerging Markets Communications®, of Miami, FL. "ABRY brings Emerging Markets Communications® the financial sponsorship needed for our next level of growth including the launch of a new Ka band satellite communications service over 32 key markets in the Middle East and Africa," said Abel Avellan, President and CEO of Emerging Markets Communications. "We are excited about the partnership we formed with ABRY Partners. Their experience in our space and financial capabilities are all key in supporting our growth plan while leveraging, what we believe is, the best infrastructure and technology platform in our industry that includes three wholly owned teleports, 12 patents and patent pending technologies, 27 global field support centers and end-to-end services in over 140 countries in all continents."
HDConnect extends HD Video and Telepresence Networks anywhere on earth using patent-pending technologies that combine amazing VSAT / VTC experience with an on ~ off instant bandwidth allocation methodology to deliver affordability and HD quality video conferencing everywhere!
Judges Select Industry’s First Zero Latency Browser for its Ability to Deliver Data Center Internet Speeds and Enhanced Services to Some of the Most Remotely Connected Organizations in Africa